Most people think of black pepper as a spice meant to enhance foods; the spicy earthiness it lends to nearly all foods makes it a staple in most kitchens around the world. But, did you know that it’s topical effects are just as beneficial as its internal affects? Here’s what you should know about Black Pepper Essential Oils.
What Is It?
Black Pepper essential oil is created by steam-distilling the peppercorn of the Piperceae Family. This extremely concentrated oil is high in monoterpenese, a chemical known to have a huge impact on the body. The aroma is musky, warm, and, well, peppery. Black Pepper Essential oil could be used in cooking, however, just a drop is all you need to give your foods a spicy touch.
What Are The Benefits?
Black Pepper oil is best used for digestive and nervous system support and wellness; however, it has many, many more benefits. This essential oil is also a rich source of antioxidants, and has great emotional benefits as well.
Black Pepper Essential oils soothe anxiousness and bring upon clarity by unblocking the flow of thoughts and emotions. If you have a mental block, or have suppressed stressful emotions, use Black Pepper Oil to unlock the flow.
How To Use Black Pepper Essential Oil
Before you use Black Pepper essential oil, be sure to consult your physician if you are pregnant, nursing, or are under a doctor’s care. Keep out of reach of children as well; this essential oil is quite potent and can be harmful if used by a child. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas; as is with crushed black pepper, the spicy aroma is warming, and can irritate these areas.
On Its Own:
- Use Black Pepper essential oil on its own by diffusing or inhaling straight from the bottle to soothe anxious feelings.
- Add one or two drops in veggie caps when seasonal allergies are at a high
- Diffuse or dilute 1 drop and rub over your heart center for emotional support
- Massage 1-2 drops into the soles of your feet for increased energy
- Add 5 drops Peppermint, 3 drops Cove, 5 drops Wintergreen, and 3 drops Black Pepper topping with Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO) to a roller bottle for a warming muscle rub
- Diffuse 2 drops Basil, 2 drops Bergamot, 1 drop Cinnamon, 1 drop Lemon, and 1 drop Black Pepper to give you inner strength, inspiring you as you go through a particularly stressful day.
- Blend a few drops into coconut oil and rub in areas you would like to promote circulation
- Combine 1 to 2 drops with FCO to soothe sore muscles and joints or to warm skin during cold weather.
If you would like to learn more about Black Pepper essential oil, and possibly use it during a massage session, let us know when you set up your appointment. Essential Oils offer a multitude of benefits to your body and mind. Ask us how you can take advantage today!