Services provided at Medical Massage Specialties have many styles or modalities of Massage to give you the exact massage you need. We will customize and blend your treatment to best fit your wellness needs and expectations. Scroll down to review all the different types of massages we provide and click on the links to get detailed information to help you decide what is best for you.
Our massage sessions are for the full time listed. A 60 minute massage is really 60 minutes of massage, and a 90 minute massage is really 90 minutes of massage. Those extra minutes are very valuable to your body and to your wallet. Every five 60 minute massages is like getting one extra massage free compared to most other spas or clinics.
Standard Pricing for our regular massage services are:
$55 for 30 minutes
$95 for 60 minutes
$130 for 90 minutes
$175 for 120 minutes
- Swedish Massage– the most popular massage enhancing relaxation and diminishing everyday built up tension and stress. This massage can be rhythmic and fluid utilizing long slow soft strokes to dull any headache or bad day away. Great to de-stress!
- Signature Blended Deep Swedish Massage– If you’ve never experienced the healing hands of Brian Cooper, this is the place to start. Brian’s Signature Massage is the feature here at Medical Massage Specialties. He combines a unique blend of massage techniques with his signature blend of doTERRA essential oils and his vast experience and skill with therapeutic massage. This 90-minute massage is truly 90 minutes that will help you to feel better whether you have sore or tight muscles or simply need to de-stress.
- Deep Tissue Massage– similar to Swedish massage but uses deep pressure to release chronic muscle tension. The focus is on the deepest layer of the muscle tissue and fascia. Used to release knots in muscles and break up adhesion in fascia.
- Medical Massage– or therapeutic massage, incorporates advanced massage modalities to restore function to the client. The pressure during this massage ranges from light to deep to release tension, relax muscles, increase blood and lymph circulation, and induce a restorative calming effect to restore any dysfunction within the body. Some techniques used are Orthopedic Therapy, Trigger Point Release, Myofascial Release Therapy, Manual Lymphatic Drainage and Active Release Therapy.
- John F Barnes Myofascial Release – The John F. Barnes’ Myofascial Release Approach® is considered to be the ultimate therapy that is safe, gentle and consistently effective in producing results that last.
Trauma, inflammatory responses, and/or surgical procedures create Myofascial restrictions that can produce tensile pressures of approximately 2,000 pounds per square inch on pain sensitive structures that do not show up in many of the standard tests (x-rays, myelograms, CAT scans, electromyography, etc.)
Removing the myofascial “straight-jacket” of pressure that is causing pain is the main objective of the John Barnes Myofascial Release technique. Traditional massage therapy treats the linear fascia in the muscles, tendons and ligaments. John F. Barnes’ Myofascial Release helps ease the symptoms caused by the pressure of the “straightjacket” of the Myofascial system by addressing the deepest fascia. Only Myofascial Release treats the entire Myofascial mind/body complex eliminating the pressure of the restricted Myofascial system (the straightjacket) that causes many problems and symptoms. Myofascial Release will safely and gently release the entire Myofascial complex for lasting and comprehensive results and authentic healing. Please wear or bring a sports bra and short work out shorts or bikini bottoms for the assessment and treatment.
- Prenatal Massage– increases comfort and relieves those aches and pains. This massage prepares the body for delivery and postpartum recovery. We know Mom’s to be need extra care so we have a Mom To Be Series special. If you are in your 1st-Trimester or experiencing any complications in your pregnancy, please book under the 1st Trimester Massage option.
- Sports Massage– specific massage techniques to increase sports performance and to aid in speedy recovery with the use of restorative massage modalities. This massage is used to assess range of motion and alleviate delayed onset muscle soreness. Sports massage can be tailored to any sport and can be vigorous or relaxing depending on clients needs. The therapist incorporates cleansing strokes, vibration, jostling and stretching to aid in the overall performance of the athlete. Sports massage will be very different depending on whether it is pre-event, post-event, or during training.
- Craniosacral Therapy– a light-touch, whole body treatment technique which releases tensions deep within the body to improve overall function of the central nervous system and immune system enhancing your overall health and well-being.
- Lymphatic Drainage– Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) is a type of gentle massage which is intended to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from the tissues back toward the heart. Because this massage helps to improve waist removal, it decongests and detoxifies the body. Advanced MLD is wonderful for after surgery to help reduce inflammation and improves the healing of wounds and scarring.
- Hot Stone Massage– is especially effective for people who need deep tissue therapy. The hot stones loosen the muscles and fascia with their penetrating heat and their gentle gliding pressure. First we apply a set of volcanic stones, which are heated to the perfect temperature to the muscles of the back. Then other warm stones are used to massage the arms and legs. After the back is completely warmed up it is massaged with more perfectly heated stones. Stones are also typically placed on key muscles such as the shoulders and neck as well as between the toes. This is an extremely relaxing minimum 90-minute massage. Be prepared to melt away all of your stress. It is recommended to drink plenty of water before and after a hot stone massage. This type of deep muscle therapy is perfect for people who are more sensitive to deep tissue massage.
- 90 minutes $155.00
- Couples Massage– is designed to meet a couple’s massage needs at the same time. Couples can be in the same room to share the connection or have their own rooms. We recommend Swedish Massage for Couples.
- 60 minutes – $180.00
- 90 minutes – $250.00
- Oncology- is a form of modified massage therapy techniques that are used to work safely with the complications of cancer treatment. Oncology massage is a gentle, safe, and mindful treatment which is adapted for the needs of a person who has been diagnosed with or had a history of cancer. Your massage session is customized and designed to meet your unique needs as you go through cancer treatment or if you’ve had treatment in the past.
- SRT Technique / Spinal Reflex Therapy- Chronic pain and muscle tension that does not go away can quickly be resolved with an applied pressure technique that relaxes muscles and turns off pain receptors. The Technique involves a leg length evaluation on the table with a further treatment of applied pressure on certain parts of the back and head that stimulate muscles to relax and turn off the pain.
- Reflexology– pressure applied to the feet, hands and ears through specific reflex points that connect pressure points to different organs of the body. Based on Chines medicine, reflexology helps the body to reach Homeostatsis. Refexology can be added to the end of a massage or stand alone.
- Reiki– produces clear signs of reduced stress as indicated by changes in autonomic, biological measurements such as heart rate, respiration, and blood pressure. Reiki is energy healing that works holistically. That is, on the whole mind, body, and spirit. Reiki is a Japanese relaxation treatment where natural healing vibrations are transmitted through the hands of a Reiki practitioner to the recipient. The purpose of a Reiki session is to induce relaxation, to relieve pain and stress, release emotional blockages, balance energies, and support other medical modalities.
- BEMER – Bio-Electro-Magnetic-Energy-Regulation (BEMER) The BEMER system uses a low frequency pulsing field, which can deliver the life sustaining electro-magnetic energy to the body in an optimal way. This effect is of great significance. The positive effects of magnetic therapy have been known for decades and are the subject of numerous scientific works. The developing modern technology permits the use of magnetic energy on a broader basis, and it is becoming an essential contribution for improving the quality of life. BEMER sessions are great for stress reduction while remaining fully clothed in as little as 8 minutes.
- $20/session (BEMER sessions can be booked under Medical Spa Treatments)
Buy nine sessions of regular massage and receive a tenth session absolutely free.
Come in and see how we can be part of your overall wellness program.
Credit cards accepted.
Spa Week and Spa Finder Gift Cards accepted for all regular price services.
9:00am-8:00pm Monday thru Friday. Saturday 9:00am-3:00pm.
Book Appointment Online or simply call to schedule:
Give us a call if you cannot find the time you need online.
office (703) 686-4092.