We humans are so caught up in every day minutia, trying to be everything for everyone, while life flitters away. What’s left at the end? Are you truly happy? Wouldn’t it be nice to be happy and enjoy the things you want today, not just ‘someday’? When is ‘someday’ anyway?
Holistic wellness is a condition of being in optimum health. Optimal health doesn’t mean your body is in tip-top shape. No, optimal health is a blend of physical, mental and spiritual well-being by choosing to live a quality life. It’s not a magic bullet; not a diet plan, or a fitness plan. Holistic Health is an approach to life.
Think about it. We all know that person who seems to glide through stressful situations, never really affected in the same way everyone else is. Why is that? It’s because they approach stress differently. They don’t consume it, or wear it. They don’t allow it to become a part of them. Stress is the rocks and they are the water. They glide over stress, or go around it, coming back together to be one again. It was an experience, that didn’t stop their journey, only added a bump they easily got around.
As the American Holistic Health association (AHHA) states, “While preventing illness is important, Holistic Health focuses on reaching higher levels of wellness. The right half of the wellness continuum invites people to constantly explore which everyday actions work for them and discovering what is appropriate to move them toward maximum well-being. People are motivated by how good it feels to have lots of energy and enthusiasm for life, knowing that what they are doing that day will allow them to continue to feel this great for years to come…. Holistic Health supports reaching higher levels of wellness as well as preventing illness. People enjoy the vitality and well-being that results from their positive lifestyle changes, and are motivated to continue this process throughout their lives.” (source: www.ahha.org)
- Set a timer to go off every hour. This is your ‘Deep Breath’ Moment. Or, if you want to integrate into your Apple or Android phone, download the Stop, Breathe & Think App
- Make conscious choices about what you put into your body. Eat mindfully, meaning taste what you eat, and know what you consume. That may sound silly, but you’ll notice a change in taste when you eat without the distraction of a TV or computer or phone. Hear yourself chew, and recognize the textures in your mouth. Mindful eating will stop you from eating things that are harmful to your body.
- Value your finances. Money is an exchange of energy just like everything else. Be an instrument of abundance and prosperity, and trust the universe will always take care of you.
- Take care of yourself first. Go for walks, get enough rest, be content with saying ‘No’. Get regular massage or acupuncture treatments, and be thankful. Always be thankful.
- Give as much as you receive. Recycle, donate, give a helping hand. You and everyone else on this planet are connected. You are solely responsible for the energy you put out. Would you rather contribute to the hateful and negative energy, or add positive and loving energy?
Ask us how to get you started on a path of holistic wellness. We will give you the tools, so you can carve your own path!